Friday, August 7, 2009

Zelda Retrospective: Part V - Ocarina of Time - Day 3

Questions for Link:
Question: Who changed your clothes and pierced your ear while he slept for seven years? Did Rauru just get really bored? Or does he like to play dress up? Oh jeez, I don't want to think about what else he might have done to you, you poor man.
Question: Just how awful was the seven-year-old half-a-bottle of Lon Lon Milk that you just drank?
Question: Have the fairies not wised up and pushed for some kind of Geneva Convention-esque deal where they write an agreement that it's against inalienable fairy rights to be imprisoned inside a glass container for an indefinite amount of time without a fair and proper trial?
Question: Where do you keep all that stuff? Seriously? Deep pockets? Or other, less pleasant places?

Link's Answer
: "..."
I went through the Forest Temple and the Fire Temple today, rather productive. The version of Ocarina of Time on the GameCube disc is the last version that was released. When I played the game on my old N64, I had one of the early cartridges that still had the Muslim chant with the Fire Temple music. That was way cooler than the pretty much non-existant music that's on this version of the game. I was totally humming the chant as I was playing the Fire Temple. Sometimes political correctness can be kind of lame. Oh well.

- Nate

1 comment:

Brendan said...

Political correctness does indeed suck, especially when it takes away good music. The fire temple theme rocked. I don't know if I've ever heard the butchered newer version, but the original with the chant was awesome. The awesome blood spurt when Gannondorf dies is now a doofy green instead of red thanks to a similar mindset. Blargh.

Nice sarcasm in this post by the way. I've often wondered some of the same things.